The beginning of our journey into fostering, adopting and disability
January 1992 began our family journey into the world of fostering and the world of parenting a child with a disability. Two months before we saw an advertisement in the local paper reading something along the lines of "wanted good home for eight month old baby girl with special needs" - well how could anyone not respond to that! So respond we did and after going through the fostering application and necessary checks this beautiful 10 month old baby came into our lives......and now 27 years later she is still a huge part of our lives. Growing up I thought it would be awesome to get married, have kids of my own, and one day after that was achieved I thought it would be cool to adopt a baby with Down syndrome. I had a plan that I thought was going to work for me and of course would work for the future hubby! Along came the future hubby and surprisingly he agreed that he was ok with my plan - must have been true love! On stumbling across the ad in the newspap...
Comments
Post a Comment